Church and Family History Research Assistance
for Robertson County, Tennessee

CHURCHES:

RED RIVER (1791)(SEE MONTGOMERY COUNTY)

HALF-PONE (1799)

CAVE SPRING

SULPHUR FORK

SPRING CREEK OF RED RIVER (1810)

Spring Creek of Red River Church was first organized as an arm of Red River Church, and in June 1810 the following members requested letters of dismission to become a separate church, viz., Elder Emanuel Skinner, Willie Holland, Jesse Skinner, Townley Redfern, David Taylor, Benjamin Spillers, Willie Robertson, Jesse Mason, Milas Draughn, Willie Powell, Daniel Gunn, Nicholas Thompson, John Williams, George Brakefield, Mary Stark, Mavis, Cudjir, Luke, Aggy, Edy, and Linda (negroes belonging to Jesse Williams), Juda (negro belonging to Henry Smith), Treasy Taylor, Elizabeth Mason, Mary Taylor, Elizabeth Robertson, Mary Mason, Susannah Redfern, Edy Stratton, Kitty Bawldry, Mary Skinner, Dicy Hutchins, Jerusha Gunn, Barsheba Holland, Barsheba Moore, Sarah Moore, Eliza Taylor, Sarah Brakefield, Lizzie Spillers, Winnie Robertson, and Jincy Gunn. The agreed to be constituted on Saturday before the second Lord's Day in July, 1810 (July 7, 1810). The presbytery was composed of Elders Isaac Totewine and Sugg Fort, and other brethren, from Head of Muddy River, Red River, and Spring Creek of West Fork churches.

FYKES GROVE (1813)


Copyright c. 2003. All rights reserved. The Primitive Baptist Library.




This page maintained by: Robert Webb - (bwebb9@juno.com)