Primitive Baptist Church and Family History Research Assistance for Henry County, Tennessee

CHURCHES:

HEPZIBAH

Hepzibah Church was organized at the residence of Brother L. K. Martin, in the northeast corner of Henry County, in June 1887. The charter members were L. K. Martin, James E. Raterree, John M. Culcut, Asa Raterree, A. C. Raterree, J. L. Townley, F. P. Patterson, James Gibson, H. N. Oliver, Ruth Chilcut, Nancy C. Martin, Adith L. Martin, Ann Raterree, Harriett E. Townley, and Flora Jarrell. The presbytery was composed of Elder J. P. Jenkins (Middle Fork Church, Obion Association), Elder R. F. Hendricks and Deacon W. J. Taylor (Bethlehem Church), Elder F. P. Chandler (Clear Creek Church), and Deacons W. W. Haley and A. H. Hart (New Salem Church, Soldier Creek Association). Several other members were received after the church was organized.


Copyright c. 2002. All rights reserved. The Primitive Baptist Library.




This page maintained by: Robert Webb - (bwebb9@juno.com)