Primitive Baptist Church and Family History Assistance for Hardeman County, Tennessee

MT. TABOR (WHITEVILLE)

Mt. Tabor Church was organized in 1827, and was one of the churches which constituted the Mississippi River Association. The land where the present church building is located was purchased from government land grants at 12 1/2 cents per acre, by Elder Allen Sammons, who was the first pastor, and who donated the land and helped erect the first log building. The present meeting house is the third building used by the church. Pastors of this church have included several generations of the Sammons family: Elders Allen Sammons, Joe Sammons, Wiley W. Sammons, Joe Allen Sammons, J. C. Sammons, Wiley William Sammons, and Julius L. Sammons Jr. Other pastors have included William A. Bishop, T. E. Bishop, R. E. Maughmer, and the present pastor, Elder Paul Scott.

MT. PLEASANT

Copyright c. 2006. All rights reserved. The Primitive Baptist Library.




This page maintained by: Robert Webb - (bwebb9@juno.com)