Church and Family History Research Assistance
for Primitive Baptist Churches in Fayette County, Tennessee

CHURCHES:

BIG MUDDY

BEAVER CREEK

BIG SANDY

HOPEWELL

MT. PISGAH (SOMERVILLE)

Mt. Pisgah Church was organized in 1832, and was one of the original churches which organized the Mississippi River Association that same year. The eleven charter members were Darling Long, Elizabeth Aimson, Sarah Thrasher, Zechariah Winn, Temperance Long, Elizabeth Arnold, Martha Hurley, Charity Russedo, Elizabeth Hill, Elizabeth Thrasher, and James Richey. Elder Aaron Compton was the first pastor. He was followed by Elders Peter Culp, W. S. Daughery, D. G. Chambers, W. A. Bishop, T. E. Bishop, J. T. Davis, Walter G. Johnson, and Harvey Smith. The first location of the church was about four miles north of the present site. A new meeting house was erected in 1965.



Copyright c. 2002-2007. All rights reserved. The Primitive Baptist Library.



This page maintained by: Robert Webb - (bwebb9@juno.com)