Church and Family History Research Assistance for Thurston County, Nebraska

CHURCH:

BLACK BIRD

Black Bird Church was organized with six members, viz., Frank O'Day, Susan O'Day, Ruben Leech, Drucilla Leech, John McClure, and Rebecca McClure (all of whom were dismissed for that purpose from Deer Creek Church in Madison County) on November 1, 1896, at the McCalley School house, eight miles west of Decatur. The presbytery was composed of Elder John S. Ham, moderator, and Deacon G. Booy as clerk. Elder John S. Ham was chosen as the first pastor, Brother John McClure as clerk, and Brother Ruben Leech as Deacon, the same presbytery then being called upon to ordain him to that office.

Go Back to the Primitive Baptist Library Page

Go Back to the Family History Assistance Page

Copyright c. 2001. All rights reserved. The Primitive Baptist Library.




This page maintained by: Robert Webb - (bwebb9@juno.com)