Church and Family History Research Assistance for Richardson County, Nebraska

CHURCH:

LITTLE FLOCK

Little Flock Church was organized at the home of Wilson T. Lee, in July 1870, with seven members, viz., Israel Wood (a licensed preacher), Elizabeth Wood, Wilson T. Lee, Jane Lee, Abraham Foutch, Elizabeth Foutch, and Abraham B. Foutch, all of whom came from Ebenezer and Providence churches of the Western Association of Iowa. There was no presbytery, none being within reach. Having increased to about 25 members, they built a new meeting house near Dawson in June 1886. Elder Isaac Irwin was an early pastor of the church.

SURNAMES OF MEMBERS:

Bloomfield, Foutch, Irwin, Lee, Magee, Shoemaker, Stratton, Wood (very incomplete list due to loss of records).

Go Back to the Primitive Baptist Library Page

Go Back to the Family History Assistance Page

Copyright c. 2001. All rights reserved. The Primitive Baptist Library.




This page maintained by: Robert Webb - (bwebb9@juno.com)