Church and Family History Research Assistance for Madison County, Nebraska

CHURCHES:

DEER CREEK

Deer Creek Church, at Battle Creek, was organized on June 25, 1892, with five members, viz., Randolph Collins, Caroline Collins, Nancy Hale, Mark Sisler, and Maggie Sisler. Elder William Hawkins was moderator and Elder S. R. McFarland clerk of the presbytery. The first church building was located southwest of Battle Creek, but later a meeting house was built on Main Street in town. Pastors of the church included Elders John S. Ham, E. M. Keeney, W. S. Dickerson, W. J. Pollard, C. M. Cooper, James R. Dale, George J. Jones, J. Q. Jones, Lesie Henry, and Clayton Berkeypile.

SURNAMES OF MEMBERS:

Allen, Armstrong, Austin, Beeler, Bentley, Black, Boyer, Burch, Burner, Burnham, Campbell, Clingenpeel, Cloud, Collins, Dale, Davis, Dickerson, Donlavy, Fender, Fields, Galyean, Green, Hale, Ham, Harper, Harris, Hartman, Hatcher, Hawkins, Henry, Hogsett, Jones, Judy, Keeney, Langston, Leech, Lovett, McClure, McDerly, McDowell, McFarland, Newman, O'Day, Painter, Rector, Reed, Reel, Rogers, Sisler, Skelton, Stahl, Tucker, Vandover, Walker, Warden, Wingate.

Go Back to the Primitive Baptist Library Page

Go Back to the Family History Assistance Page

Copyright c. 2001. All rights reserved. The Primitive Baptist Library.




This page maintained by: Robert Webb - (bwebb9@juno.com)