Church and Family History Research Assistance
for Henry County, Virginia

CHURCHES:

LEATHERWOOD (MARTINSVILLE)(1772)

Leatherwood Church was organized in 1772. Pastors who have served include Elders B. Anthony, L. King, P. McNealy, Othneal Minter, Arnold Walker, John R. Martin, Peter Corn, Z. T. Turner, M. P. Moran, P. J. Washburn, T. J. Jackson, W. H. Oakes, Carl Mabe, J. F. Manuel, Robert Ashby, and John Ashby. The present meeting house was erected in 1927.

REED CREEK

Reed Creek Church was organized December 4, 1823, and became a charter member of the Pig River Association in 1825. The church building is located on Reed Creek Road, beyond Bassett Forks, Bassett, Virginia.

MARTINSVILLE (MARTINSVILLE)

Martinsville Church was organized on October 1, 1899, with ten members. The charter members came from Town Creek, Ridgewood, Reed Creek, Camp Branch, and Leatherwood churches. The presbytery was composed of Elders A. L. Moore, Albert Philips, and an Elder Turner. Pastors have included Elders J. R. Wilson, A. L. Moore, D. B. Willard, L. J. Corn, and Thomas L. Radford.

SUGARTREE (AXTON)

CENTER

KNOB

COLLINSVILLE (COLLINSVILLE)

RIVERSIDE (FIELDALE)

Copyright c. 2001-2006. All rights reserved. The Primitive Baptist Library.




This page maintained by: Robert Webb - (bwebb9@juno.com)