Church and Family History Research Assistance
for Grayson County, Kentucky



Rock Creek Church was organized in late 1801 or early 1802, with seven charter members, and united with the Salem Association of Kentucky. Elder Martin Utterback was the first pastor, and served until about 1834 or 1835, when he moved to Illinois. He was followed by Elder Charles H. Stuteville. The church joined the Goshen Association in 1818, where it remained until 1839, when it united with the Otter Creek Association of Regular Baptists.


Caney Creek Church was organized in 1812, and united with the Salem Association, originally, then Goshen Association in 1818, where it continued until 1827, when the church dissolved.


Concord Church was organized in 1813, and first unitd with the Salem Association, then the Goshen Association in 1818, and finally the Otter Creek Association in 1839. Elder Isaac N. Vanmeter was ordained in May 1853, by this church. The presbytery was composed of Elders J. L. Fullilove, Enos W. Keith, Baily S. Tabb, J. S. Kelly, and C. T. Meader. Elder Vanmeter described the church as a log building in a dense forest. The 1859 Association minutes show the next year's meeting was to be held at the Pine Knob meeting house of Concord Church.


Lick Creek Church was constituted in 1809. It is believed the church first joined the Red River Association, and continued with that body until 1811 when they joined the Green River Association.


Go Back to the Primitive Baptist Library Page

Go Back to the Family History Assistance Page

Copyright c. 2001-2021. All rights reserved. The Primitive Baptist Library.

This page maintained by: Robert Webb - (