Primitive Baptist Church and Family History Research Assistance for Davidson County, Tennessee

COLLEGE STREET (NASHVILLE)(1838)

On May 23, 1838, a group of Primitive Baptists constituted the Baptist Church of Nashville. In the summer of 1850 the church built a meeting house on College Street (now Third Avenue) and the church became known as the College Street Primitive Baptist Church.

BETHEL (NASHVILLE)(1915)

In 1915 a portion of the congregation were granted permission from College Street Church to constitute Bethel Primitive Baptist Church. The first meeting house was at 714 Gallatin Road. In 1965, Bethel Church built its present meeting house at 3810 Gallatin Road. This church is now identified with the liberal movement.

Copyright c. 2006. All rights reserved. The Primitive Baptist Library.




This page maintained by: Robert Webb - (bwebb9@juno.com)